First Northern Ward Committee Meeting
The meeting was called to order by Hutt City CEO
Rick Hart. He advised that Tata Parata (Last NWCs Chairman) had resigned from the
Committee for personal reasons.
After the Statutory Declarations were completed it was time to elect a chairperson. Athol Greentree was nominated by Sylvia Stevenson but there was no seconder. More nominations were called for and Shayne McIntyre nominated Fred Allen, again there was no seconder. It was agreed that until a chairperson could be decided upon, Councillor Joy Baird would chair the meeting.
The mayor was then invited to make his address. He congratulated the committee members on their appointments. He also:
Public Comment consisted of:
Other Business Kairimu Street Kea Crossing 2. Reynolds Street No stopping and Warden crossing
1. Kea Crossings were discussed at length for
Churton Cres Kea Crossing
3. Stokes Valley Road pedestrian crossing upgrade
4. Stokes Valley Road bus stop relocation
5. Tag War games proposal opposite Pomare Railway Station. The committee recommended a trial for 1 year.
6. License for firebreak use for Unimog Tours
Kairimu Street Kea Crossing
2. Reynolds Street No stopping and Warden crossing
For More on Northern Ward Issues, see our article entitled NW Chair Resigns.